About a month ago, I decided to purchase Jojoba Oil. My friends were talking about how good it was and I knew I needed to give it a try. Winter is finally here and I don’t know about you but when winter comes I usually get dry cracked skin, flaky dry scalp, and chapped lips. Girl, let me tell you! None of these feel good and I am always looking for a solution to solve this problem. This year I have ditched my body lotion and have started using something new.
Jojoba oil mimics the oils that our body produces which helps to keep your skin hydrated. It is known as Nature’s Multitasker. When used in your hair, it can undo the damage caused by heating and coloring. It also encourages hair growth and moisturizes deep into your scalp pores creating a lasting effect on the health of your hair. When used for your skin, Jojoba Oil will soften dry and and irritating spots and restores your skins balance. It also has anti microbial properties and iodine that help reduce and prevent acne, black heads and pimples. It also reduces the appearance of wrinkles. Exciting stuff I know!
Here are 5 ways that I have been using Jojoba Oil and the reasons why you will fall in love with it:
- Hair: I first wash my hair thoroughly to get rid of any product, natural oils etc. I then put about a quarter size on my palm and rub it all over my hair concentrating on my scalp since I have extreme dryness there. I then leave it in for 10 minutes. After the time is up I rinse it out with a bit of shampoo. You can also put a little bit of Jojoba oil on damp hair to get rid of frizziness. That way you won’t get confused as Mufasa’s twin.
- Shaving Oil: Yes I decided to fire my shaving cream and have been using Jojoba Oil instead. I put about a quarter size in each area and it gives me a smooth shave without any bumps or nicks. It also leaves my skin feeling silky smooth after.
- Moisturizer: After I get out of the shower I pat myself dry so that my body is damp. I then apply the oil all over. The oil will be absorbed by your skin leaving it soft and smooth but not oily.
- Face: I mix my about a dime size of the Jojoba Oil with Uplift Serum and put it all over my face and neck. I have noticed that my face is clearer, softer and my pores are smaller.
- Lips: I put some Jojoba Oil all over my lips anytime it feels dry. This is especially great to use after you have exfoliated them.
I am so in love with Jojoba Oil! Its natural ingredients make my skin softer and healthier. So ditch your lotion this year and try Jojoba Oil instead. You can thank me for it later!
What unconventional beauty products do you use in your beauty regimen?